Upcoming Events :
E:gen Breakfast Club
Wed 29 May 2013
Minerva House, 5 Montague Close, London , SE1 9BB
What is Corporate Social Responsibility?
Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) is recognition of the relationship a firm has with its staff, its community and the wider environment.
This requires not only that we conduct our business in a way that is ethical and in accordance with the highest of professional standards, but also that we are aware of the impact that we have on our society and environment. Winckworth Sherwood is alert to this and seeks to make a positive impact on the communities in which we live and operate.
Winckworth Sherwood recognises that the firm is not made up solely of lawyers, but of a diverse group of people with myriad skills. We encourage everyone within the organisation to support our CSR programme.
Winckworth Sherwood takes account of how our work and workplace affects those we work for, we work with and we work amongst.
We look to:
- Work in partnership with local communities
- Develop relationships with employees and customers which support and build on our CSR policy
- Work in such a way as to minimise any adverse impact on the environment and we encourage sustainability in all our practices
Our dedicated CSR committee focuses on the following areas:
- Supporting a Firm Charity of the Year
- Co-ordinating local volunteer schemes
- Decreasing our impact on the environment
- Encourage our staff to give money to charity through Gift Aid and the Salary Sacrifice scheme
Winckworth Sherwood takes this very seriously and is passionately committed to ensure that our business is integrated with its CSR aims and objectives. We feel that this defines what we are like as a firm and how people perceive us. We strive to be a firm people want to work for, and a company people want to do business with.
Winckworth Sherwood are proud to have been recognised as and awarded one of the inaugural Better Bankside “Community stars”.
If you have any further questions about our CSR policy please contact Charlotte Cook.