Our specialist team of construction lawyers has the extensive experience and legal skills necessary to advise clients operating in a variety of different sectors on construction and engineering issues. The team includes recognised leading construction practitioners.
We often work closely with the firm’s other teams particularly Real Estate, Social Housing, Education, and Leisure & Hospitality, as well as Dispute Resolution.
The key areas which our construction specialists can help you include:
- main contracts and sub-contracts incorporating standard forms as well as bespoke agreements for specialist situations
- framework arrangements
- collateral warranties, third party rights schedules and notices, bonds and guarantees
- consultancy appointments and step-in rights
- novations and assignments
- community Infrastructure Documents
- international Contracts
The team advised (alongside our colleagues in Real Estate) on the construction aspects of four of the UK’s top twenty schemes in 2010, as published in the recent Regeneration & Renewal Top 100 Report.
- repair and maintenance contracts incorporating standard forms as well as bespoke agreements for housing stock (often with assistance from our colleagues specialising in employment and procurement)
- construction aspects of leisure management agreements
- resolution of final accounts, delay claims, valuation disputes, failures to achieve design or performance standards
- insured risk and insurance coverage claims
- litigation in Technology and Construction Court (TCC) and all other UK Courts
- arbitration in the UK and Internationally under the International rules, such as ICC, LCIA. Stockholm Chamber of Commerce, AAA
- adjudications under both statutory rules and contractual conditions: enforcements
- mediation and Dispute Boards
- contract terminations, novations, re-negotiations when insolvency occurs
- contract reviews and audit for banks, receivers, administrators and liquidators
- wide ranging commercial affairs for regulated utilities in procurement and dispute resolution issues
- representations to the relevant regulators of health & safety
- sustainability and data protection legislation
Materials and Products:
- supply and distribution contracts
- product liability claims and risk management
Upcoming Events :
Where now for tall buildings?
Thu 07 Sep 2017
Minerva House, 5 Montague Close, London SE1 9BB