Our tax lawyers provide advisory services and transactional support to a broad range of clients from listed institutional corporations through to start-ups.
Our tax expertise covers all areas of business activities; mergers and acquisitions, private equity/venture capital structures, joint ventures and reorganisations. In conjunction, we have a proficiency in personal taxation planning which covers investor, management and employment issues.
Recent experience includes advising:
- Aviva Investors on its on-going acquisitions of UK ground rent portfolios, and on the establishment of suitable holding structures
- M&G Investments on their funding and asset holding structures related to investments in social housing
- a leading family office on the purchase of impaired property debt, together with a corporate reorganisation of the borrower entity (and its real estate assets)
- on major London bus operator on its acquisition of a significant West London bus franchise business
- a leading family office on the disposal of a significant petrol retail business to Shell
- the ‘exiting’ shareholders and the management team on the sale of a leading artisanal baker business (and its associated operations) to Risk Capital Partners
- academics of a leading London University college on a tax efficient business spin out
- overseas based investors on the design and implementation of a international holding structure and a suitable UK trading structure in respect of a well- known restaurant chain
- a leading timber asset fund manager on the establishment of new fund structures (which cater for UK and overseas investors) and on management arrangements (including its carried interest structure)
- a leading City institution on the establishment and running of a Cayman Island credit derivative fund, together with advice to UK investment manager entity
For further information please contact our specialist tax lawyer Robin Dabydeen.