Our experience of acting for both claimant and defendant means we are well placed to advise on the correct course of action for businesses, whether based in the UK or abroad.
We understand the impact that fraud can have on businesses, as well as their reputation, and are placed to act quickly and decisively when fraud is suspected. The team can assist with the tracing, freezing and recovery of assets, in the UK and abroad, and advise on ways to protect our client's position.
We also advise those who have been accused of fraud and understand the effect that such an allegation can have. We advise on fraud proceedings and help clients to respond to any freezing orders or search orders.
Our experts can advise on a range of fraud issues including:
- Obtaining interim civil remedies (e.g. freezing orders, search and seize orders) to protect businesses and individuals, and advise those subject to such orders
- Cases of fraudulent misrepresentation, deceit, obtaining secret profits, breach of trust, dishonest assistance, and unjust enrichment
- Cross-jurisdictional cases
- Tracing and recovery of assets
Recent work has included:
- representing parties subject to worldwide freezing orders and search orders in claims alleging deceit and fraud
- advising a trust in a claim for fraudulent misrepresentation against a technology company supplier of services
- acting for office holders in claims against delinquent directors to trace and recover concealed assets
- representing the sole director of a company in a claim against a former business associate who fraudulently obtained control of the company and sold it to a bona fide third party
- acting for an individual opposing an application under s.423 Insolvency Act (transactions defrauding creditors)
- recovering funds misappropriated by a company director following the sale of a hotel owned by the company, involving a worldwide freezing order and multi-jurisdictional asset tracing
Company and Partnership Disputes
Commercial and Services contract disputes
Restructuring and Insolvency
Claims under the Commercial Agents Regulations
Negligence Actions against Professional Advisors