Property is the core of our business. With over 100 legal professionals, our team is one of the UK’s largest, with work ranging from high value, highly complex deals and projects to efficient estate management using the best of modern technology.
On development, we advise from start to finish on seed funding, regulatory and planning, tax, site assembly, development, finance, construction, letting, realisation and any disputes.
On investment we advise on property acquisition and disposal including due diligence and title reporting, holding structures, senior and mezzanine debt financing, the equity structure and tax. We also act on estate management including letting and deal with disputes.
We help our clients to design, build, fund and operate investment and development vehicles. We act for financial institutions, property companies, real estate investment funds, developers and management companies.
Our areas of expertise include:
- FCA regulatory advice
- Seed-funding structures
- Investment and development finance
- Asset Management
- Complex structure financings
- Joint ventures, Partnerships and SPVs
- Debt financing and restructurings
- Ground Rent
- Social and Affordable Housing Funds and structures
- Efficient volume due-diligence services
- Mezzanine and equity funding
- Property Charging
- UK and off-shore funds
- Real Estate investment trusts (REITs)
- PRS structures
We are proud of our commercial awareness of the property market and use it to ensure our clients receive market leading advice on every transaction.
Some of our recent work includes advising on:
- debt investment in profit and non-profit Housing Associations for M&G
- investment in UK ground rents and corporate acquisitions for Aviva Investors
- a new corporate and funding structure for PRS investment
- several housing associations' acquisition of development sites and Section 106 including a recent £100 million scheme in Elephant and Castle
- pre-bid documentation for a major town centre regeneration project in the Thames Gateway
- a £400 million town centre and shopping complex regeneration project in East London to provide commercial and residential units
- acquisitions of large portfolios of freehold reversions for the UK's top portfolio management companies
- Jetty Finance Limited on issuance of notes to provide secured debt finance to Channel Island companies and the subsequent acquisition of those companies
Our work also includes advising the following clients:
- M&G Investments
- Allied Irish Bank (GB) PLC
- Capital Trust
- AIS Capital Management
- L&Q Housing
- First Wessex
- Genesis Housing Association
- Battersea Power Station
Tel. +44 (0)20 7593 5006
Fax. +44 (0)20 7593 5099
Tel. +44 (0)20 7593 5093
Fax. +44 (0)20 7593 5041
Tel. +44 (0)20 7593 5088
Fax. +44 (0)20 7593 5099
Upcoming Events :
PRS Forum 2017: 'Living with Build to Rent'
Wed 22 Feb 2017
155 Bishopsgate, London EC2M