In a knowledge-driven economy the intellectual property rights of many modern businesses are often among its most valuable assets.
Our Intellectual Property team understands the importance of our clients’ commercial considerations and is adept at providing sound and practical advice across a full spectrum of intellectual property issues.
We can advise you on:
- Database Rights
- Trademark registration, oppositions to registration and infringement
- Passing off
- Confidential Information and non-disclosure agreements
- Domain names and web site matters
- Advertising and marketing issues
- Rights acquisition and licensing
- Enforcement and dispute resolution
Recent transactions have included:
- Advising and successfully dealing with a number of trade mark oppositions for a charitable client
- Advising and dealing with a copyright infringement matter and successful mediation for a public sector client
- Successfully defending a threatened action for trade mark infringement and passing off for a charitable client