We act for supermarkets, convenience stores, petrol stations, restaurants, bars, sports and leisure facilities and some of London’s most prestigious hotels.
Some of our clients operate single premises but we also act for clients who operate up to 1,000 licensed premises.
Our lawyers are geared up to give prompt, practical licensing advice when you need it. Winckworth Sherwood’s licensing experts are well organised, efficient and will keep you updated on changing regulations.
Our award winning online instruction and application tracking functions is crucial to those of our clients operating multiple premises. One of our aims is to take the burden of licensing bureaucracy away from you. We will handle all the paperwork!
There may be times when you will face resistance. This could threaten your business aims. If that happens, we will doggedly handle your case while at the same time representing you in a sensitive way – after all some of your sternest objectors may be your future customers.
Our advocates appear at licence hearings all over England and Wales. We have particular experience of handling licence applications in Westminster.
Unusually our licensing lawyers are also commercial property practitioners. This means that the same lawyer will handle your licensed property acquisitions and disposals and the relevant licence applications. Further expertise is also available from our commercial, employment and planning lawyers.
With many years of experience, we know about licensing.
Key areas include:
- acquisition and disposal of licensed premises
- applications for premises licences
- applications for variations of premises licences
- advice on contents of operating schedules
- negotiations with responsible authorities
- representing clients subjected to licence review proceedings
- advocacy at Licensing Authority hearings
- advocacy at Magistrates’ Court appeals
- advice on Judicial Review of Licensing Authorities
- applications for personal licences
- betting, gaming and lotteries
- food and hygiene law
- spa licences
- ophthalmic services contracts
When you appoint us, we will:
- take time to understand your business
- keep a watching brief for new developments in the law
- work with you so you can keep ahead of the competition
Tel. +44 (0)20 7593 5088
Fax. +44 (0)20 7593 5099
Upcoming Events :
Admission Arrangements: Developing policies, refusing admission and challenging EHC plans
Thu 15 Jun 2017
Minerva House, 5 Montague Close, London SE1 9BB