Our litigation team advise on negligence claims against a wide range of professionals, including accountants, auditors, insurance brokers, solicitors and IT consultants. We also advise on insurance-related issues including professional indemnity and directors and officers liability insurance.
Our experts understand that negligence has a greater impact then purely financial, and take their time to get know their client and the particulars of the case, ensuring that the best possible advice is given in what is often a very stressful and pressurised situation. The team will help with recovering the cost and expense of poor professional advice and where appropriate, help to maintain the future working relationship.
Recent work has included:
- advising a property investment company in a claim against solicitors arising out of their negligent advice in relation to easements of parking acquired over land acquired
- bringing an action against negligent solicitors who failed to deal with a property transfer before effecting a share transfer
- claiming against architects in respect of the negligent design of a building leading to uninhibited fire spread
- representing a party who sustained losses resulting from employee theft in a claim against auditors
- advising in a claim against solicitors who had failed to advise properly on the tax implications of a large commercial property sale
- bringing a claim against solicitors in relation to their negligent drafting of a deposit clause in a property sale contract
- acting in relation to a financial adviser’s negligence advice about structured investments
- representing a religious organisation in a damages claim against a contractor, whose negligence in the conduct of works to a church roof caused loss and damage