We provide both strategic and operational advice to some of the UK’s largest businesses and public bodies on procurement and strategic partnering arrangements.
We have an impressive track record in helping our clients to create value from procurement processes, whether it is by advising them on how to best ensure their compliance with the applicable laws, strategies to create a winning bid or achieving value for money from an existing agreement.
We understand the dynamic and increasingly competitive public/private marketplace and how procurement regulations work in the context of public and commercial law. We apply this specialist knowledge and deliver pragmatic commercial solutions that withstand public scrutiny.
Our commercial dispute experts can also provide hands on assistance with either pursuing a challenge on behalf of an unsuccessful bidder or defending one on behalf of a public body.
We advise on:
- best practice and strategy when procuring contracts – dos and don’ts
- how to attract the best solutions
- the extent to which the Procurement Regulations impact on land and development transactions and regeneration projects
- the establishment of joint ventures, strategic partnerships and national framework arrangements
- outsourcing to organisations who are either themselves contracting authorities or whose activities are controlled in some way by the state
- the impact of the Regulations and the EC Directive on contracts which are either excluded or partially excluded from the legislation
- strategic response to procurement challenges
- pursuing claims to challenge awards made in breach of the Regulations