Our expertise in real estate legal tax planning is second to none. Our priority is providing you with clear and practical solutions that achieve your objectives. Clients applaud our pragmatic and robust advice on both direct and indirect tax issues.
We advise on all aspects of tax planning of real estate and corporate real estate transactions, with particular experience in the design and execution of tax efficient real estate structures that cater for property investment, as well as development opportunities in the UK and overseas. In addition, the team has considerable experience in advising on the formation and running of investment fund structures (UK and offshore), and fund management arrangements with a proficiency in planning for investors and key management.
Recent property work includes advising:
- Barratt London on various joint-venture projects, for example, the development projects at the Fulham Wharf and Enderby Wharf sites
- L&Q on a joint venture project at a Thames Estury brownfield site, which will provide 2,500 homes and 660k sq ft of commercial space
- M&G Investments on their funding and asset holding structures related to investments in social housing
- Aviva Investors on their on-going acquisition of ground rent asset portfolios, together with related advice on corporate tax issues
- Yoo Capital on its equity participation in a £225 million ‘mixed’ property development in Greenwich with joint venture partners which includes Mace Construction, Urban Exposure and LJ Capital
- A club of UK and international investors on the establishment of a Luxembourg holding structure for prime UK real estate rental assets, which included detailed advice on SDLT, VAT and UK direct tax issues
- A leading Middle East based family office on their on-going acquisition and disposals of UK real estate assets (with an emphasis on student accommodation) , together with advice on the design, implementation and running of suitable holding structures
For further information please contact our specialist tax lawyers Robin Dabydeen.