We have been advising the Roman Catholic Church for over two decades and have built a strong and valued relationship with its Dioceses, Parishes, Schools and Roman Catholic Orders to whom we provide a full range of legal services.
Our experience and understanding informs the advice we give to the Roman Catholic Church in support of its objectives. We regularly advise on property development, construction, commercial leases, procurement disputes, employment issues, particularly relating to teaching staff, matters of information and technology law including commercial contracts with suppliers and charity law issues.
In addition we are currently supporting schools in seven dioceses with Academy conversion. We have created a portal with diocese specific information on the academy conversion process - please click here to access the portal.
Examples of our work include:
- advising on the establishment of a Diocesan wide multi academy trust (click here for more information)
- advising the Diocese of Brentwood, Northampton, Southwark and Westminster on school building programmes (on occasion in conjunction with Academy Conversion) including funding arrangements, development agreements, construction issues, land purchase and sale (click here for more information)
- advising both Dioceses and Schools on Academy conversion. In 2011 we converted 123 academies, 20 of which were Catholic schools. To date we have converted over 200 academies at least 80 of which were Catholic conversions which we have been involved in (click here for more information)
- advising the Westminster Roman Catholic Diocese in relation to governance disagreement concerning Cardinal Vaughan School (click here for more information)
- advising the Catholic Education Service on a range of matters including school building programmes, academies, employment policies and home to school transport
- advising on the transfer of land from a Religious Order to the Diocese
- advising on the issues associated with website development arrangements
- advising charitable and ecclesiastical institutions undertaking a range of residential lease disputes, including complex service charge and judicial review and commercial property work
Tel. +44 (0)20 7593 5076
Fax. +44 (0)20 7593 5041
Tel. +44 (0)20 7593 5039
Fax. +44 (0)20 7593 5099
Tel. +44 (0)20 7593 5095
Fax. +44 (0)20 7593 0306
Tel. +44 (0)20 7593 5145
Fax. +44 (0)20 7593 0306
Tel. +44 (0)20 7593 5034
Fax. +44 (0)20 7593 0308
Tel. +44 (0)20 7593 5165
Fax. +44 (0)20 7593 0316