Our Social Housing Finance team acts for funders and borrowers in the social housing sector on all aspects of lending and security, on the purchase and sale of property portfolios and on mixed-use development finance.
We are one of the leading firms to work in conjunction with our social housing clients in the development of new and innovative debt and equity funding structures for the social housing sector.
The range of services we can provide includes:
- Negotiating funding agreements and all related documentation with commercial lenders, both bilateral and syndicated, and advising on intra-group loans
- Providing capital markets advice for raising money through bond issues and private placements
- Structuring and advising on joint venture partnerships and funding arrangements for development finance
- Advising on the lending aspects of mergers and acquisitions, and negotiating with existing lenders
- Placing security both under new loan agreements, which includes negotiating the various documents that need to be provided to a lender and its solicitors, and also putting in place additional security under existing or restated loan agreements
- Providing advice on refinancing initiatives, including putting in place security trustee arrangements and transferring existing security to a security trustee under new funding agreements
- Advising registered provider clients on funding for diversification, including open market sales and private rented sector
- Advising on stand alone hedging arrangements and ISDA documentation
Recent work includes:
- £44.3 million loan facility for shared ownership portfolio for Genesis Housing Association from Aviva
- Advising on funding aspects of various mergers including Genesis/Thames Valley and Affinity Sutton/Circle
- Various G15 clients in relation to the HCA Get Britain Building and Build to Rent schemes, as well as the AHF Government Guarantee and PRS Housing Guarantee
- Charging portfolios for Genesis, Affinity Sutton, B3 Living, Hightown Praetorian and others
- Joint ventures for A2 Dominion, Circle and L&Q
- B3 Living: a successful debut bond on both finance and property aspects
“They have been very professional, very competent, they have people who know our sector. Patricia Umunna and Louise Leaver have a lot of experience on bond transactions, we were very pleased with the outcome of our venture into the bond market”.
Tel. +44 (0)20 7593 5103
Fax. +44 (0)20 7593 5042
Charging Team Leader
Tel. +44 (0)20 7593 5067
Fax. +44 (0)20 7593 5042