Delivery of Housing Solutions for the Aging Population – the Care Act 2014 and its impact
Thu 09 Oct 2014
Registration: 8am | Start: 8:30am | End: 10am
Minerva House, 5 Montague Close, London SE1 9BB
As part of our housing seminar programme, partner Charlotte Cook will be joined by a panel of experts in a session entitled Delivery of Housing Solutions for the Aging Population– the Care Act 2014 and its impact on Thursday 9th October.
The Care Bill is a significant piece of legislation, not only for the care sector but also for health and housing professionals. We are all alert to the inter-relationship between health and housing - will this finally succeed in putting housing at the forefront (or at the very least in the line of sight) of care delivery?
Join us for this breakfast seminar as we look at:
- Whether the Care Act 2014 will allow for increased choice in the housing and care of older people;
- Whether we are looking at all the options which are or should be available
How people are using these new pots of money and whether this will have a knock on impact on costs of supply of services
- What other initiatives would be of true merit in this sphere – tax or other duty breaks for those downsizing ort seeking a last property (as opposed to the current focus on new and first time buyers)
- What more could be done to promote downsizing and better use of under occupied properties
- Does this leave those in the middle more trapped than before?
Who is this for?
Those working for housing associations, local authorities and intermediaries.
This seminar is free of charge.
Upcoming Events :
Social Housing Annual Conference 2017
Thu 09 Nov 2017
200 Aldersgate, London, EC1A 4HD