Challenges Facing Local Government after the General Election
Thu 01 Jul 2010
9.30am - 4.20pm
To mark the arrival of Joanna Bussell and Simon Randall CBE to Winckworth Sherwood, we are organising an important seminar jointly with 11 KBW on 1 July 2010 from 9.30am to 4.20pm here at Minerva House, 5 Montague Close, London SE1 9BB. The event will explore some of the significant challenges facing local government following the General Election.
The speakers and topics will be:-
- James Goudie QC - Getting the best out of the public procurement process.
- Peter Oldham QC - Have the well-being powers a sustainable future?
- Timothy Pitt-Payne QC - Avoiding the pitfalls of Freedom of Information legislation.
- Simon Randall CBE - The implications of the General Election result for local government.
- Sarah Hartles - A new era for council housing?
- Richard Bull - Promoting your own local legislation.
- Andrea Squires - Delivering regeneration projects without grants
So as to ensure maximum audience participation there will be adequate time for questions although if you have any issues you would like speakers to consider in their presentations you can submit a question in the booking form.
Upcoming Events :
Social Housing Annual Conference 2017
Thu 09 Nov 2017
200 Aldersgate, London, EC1A 4HD