Delivering Differently in Adults and Children's Social Care
Tue 17 Nov 2015
10:00am - 16:00pm
Minerva House, 5 Montague Close, London SE1 9BB
Mutual Ventures and Winckworth Sherwood LLP are delighted to invite you to our free seminar on delivering differently in adults and children’s social care on Tuesday 17 November 2015.
This event will be a chance to hear from a variety of experts on innovative approaches to service delivery from service redesign to exploring alternative delivery models. Several leaders of innovative and thriving services will be on hand to share their first-hand experience of delivering differently.
This is a great opportunity to hear from those pioneers who have successfully led transformation within their services and what some of the key learning points have been. The morning will highlight the challenges and opportunities for social care services, as well as give an overview of innovative approaches across England. We will hold break-out sessions in the afternoon, focussing on the journey to deliver differently in both adults and children’s services. In addition, legal experts and consultants will provide overviews of their experience, and you’ll get a chance to have one-to-one meetings with them.
We are pleased to announce our key speakers will include:
- Sir Julian Le Grand – Richard Titmuss Professor of Social Policy, London School of Economics. Sir Julian Le Grand has a wealth of experience in public and social policy. He was recently commissioned to carry out a review of Birmingham City Council’s children’s social care directorate. His previous roles include senior public policy advisor to Tony Blair and Chair of the Mutuals Taskforce, which supports the government’s policy development work in creating public service mutuals. He is currently the Chairman of Health England.
- Nick Whitfield – Chief Executive and Director of Children’s Services, Kingston and Richmond, Achieving for Children. Nick has first-hand experience of leading two local authorities’ children’s services through a major transition into a local authority trading company. Nick has recently been appointed as a Commissioner by the Department for Education to work with Sunderland City Council to improve their children’s services.
- Chris Munday – Director of Children’s Services, Children and Young People, London Borough of Barnet. Chris has led the development and implementation of alternative delivery models from within a local authority, including Buckinghamshire Learning Trust and the Adventure Learning Foundation. In his current role he has been exploring the scope for new delivery approaches within children’s services.
- Christine Beyga – Acting Managing Director, Wirral Evolutions. For the last 30 years, Christine has worked in local government in various roles including Head of Transformation at Liverpool City Council and Head of Care Services at Wirral Borough Council. Christine has recently transitioned to become the Acting Managing Director of Wirral Evolutions, a local authority trading company for adult social care services.
- Rachel Law – Chief Executive, PossAbilities. Rachel has worked in the health and social care sector for 20 years and led the adult social care team in Rochdale Borough Council through its journey to become a public service mutual in 2014.
Mutual Ventures support public service commissioners, organisational leaders and frontline staff who are seeking to identify, develop and grow the right delivery model for their services. We work with local authorities to consider how services are currently provided and whether different delivery models are suitable. We are approved providers on a number of funds supported by Cabinet Office, the Social Investment Business group and the Big Lottery Fund.
Winckworth Sherwood LLP is one of the UK’s leading law firms advising local authorities on the spinning out of local authority services to newly established public service mutuals. Winckworth Sherwood has advised on the creation of 250 new public service mutuals in relation to a range of local authority services.
Upcoming Events :
Social Housing Annual Conference 2017
Thu 09 Nov 2017
200 Aldersgate, London, EC1A 4HD