Where now for tall buildings?
Thu 07 Sep 2017
Registration & Breakfast: 8.00am | Start: 8:30am | Finish: 10.00am
Minerva House, 5 Montague Close, London SE1 9BB
In this seminar leading experts from Winckworth Sherwood will discuss some of the key issues currently facing those planning, developing and funding tall buildings.
Short presentations from Winckworth Sherwood's planning, development, finance and construction teams will be followed by a facilitated panel discussion.
The seminar will address questions including:
- Remediation work - Who will (or should) bear the risk and cost as a result of fire safety issues?
- Planning risk - What can be done to minimise and mitigate risk on tall building schemes?
- Regulations - How do planning and building regulations deal with fire safety and other risks? Could there be changes to the Regulatory Framework regarding landlords' duties and tenants' rights?
- Density - Given the obvious continued demand for units, and the concentration of need in urban areas, can the density question be ignored?
- Regeneration schemes - Will these be side-lined whilst the costs of retro-fitting current stock are prioritised?
- Funding - What should funders be concerned about in relation to tall buildings?
- Valuation - Will there be any valuation impact for high rise buildings as a result of fire safety issues?
Please note there is no charge to attend the seminar.
This seminar is now fully booked. If you would like to be added to the waiting list then please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Upcoming Events :
Social Housing Annual Conference 2017
Thu 09 Nov 2017
200 Aldersgate, London, EC1A 4HD