Housing Seminar: Frames of Mind - Challenging The Way We Look At Things
Thu 29 Mar 2012
16.00 - 17.30 followed by drinks and networking
Minerva House, 5 Montague Close, London, SE1 9BB
A joint event between Winckworth Sherwood and Salmagundi Films exploring innovative ways of working with often marginalised groups of people.
Salmagundi Films have developed the use of stop frame animation as a communication tool. They work with people of all ages and abilities from pre school children to people living with dementia, victims of homelessness and victims of domestic violence.
Showing clips from their projects, they will discuss how animation can be a liberating, creative and powerful means of expression for all.
Why should people attend?
- Addressing how you work with clients groups, members of staff and those around you does not need to be solely paper based. Even as a law firm we recognise this. We can often become trapped in our own day to day worlds; this seminar invites you to think further and wider
- Animation can be an alternative format for exploring difficult issues. Visual metaphors can be stronger and more powerful than vocal ones. This seminar is designed to show this
- This is active television watching! An event designed to challenge, stimulate and entertain
Who will benefit from attending?
- Those working in supported housing and the care field
- People working with aging and older people
- Those working with marginalised groups
- Housing officers and managers
- Charity officers
- Health agencies (including drug and alcohol dependencies)
- People working with those with mental and sexual health needs
Upcoming Events :
Social Housing Annual Conference 2017
Thu 09 Nov 2017
200 Aldersgate, London, EC1A 4HD