Andrea specialises in strategic projects and public private partnerships, including PFI. She is currently working on a number of innovative pathfinder schemes in the Building Schools for the Future (BSF); regeneration; infrastructure and highways; student accommodation/further and higher education; and social housing and residential care, sectors.
- Advising local authorities and Registered Providers of Social Housing on a number of complex procurement issues relating to land and development schemes.
- Acting for Hertfordshire County Council on their Children's Home and Family Support Centres PFI, which involved both new build and refurbishment works at 14 sites across the county
- Also acting for Hertfordshire County Council as well as 2 foundation schools in the east of the county in the relocation of 2 schools to a green belt location, including dealing with the arrangements for the sale of the existing schools sites to a residential developer
- Acting for a number of Dioceses and School governing bodies across Greater London and the South East
- Acting on behalf of an SPV consortium in the outsourcing of the whole of a number of universities' student accommodation portfolios, which involved complex public/private sector joint venture arrangements, private sector investment and new build works
- Acting on a complex leasing structure between a London Borough and a private sector SPV focussing on delivering homeless accommodation as part of a "temporary to permanent" housing scheme
“Andrea is really good, works really well with us. She is responsive to our needs and often proactive in anticipating and addressing - in advance - future needs. She has been very helpful in helping us develop the academy model, sharing her experience, and she understands the context of this diocese. We have moved on a long way with regard to the diocesan academies model, and Andrea has been a vital part of that.”
Diocese of Arundel & Brighton
Law Society of England & Wales
2006 to present, Partner, Winckworth Sherwood
2002 to 2006, Partner, Finers Stephens Innocent
2001 to 2002, Solicitor, Bevan Ashford
1997 to 2001, Solicitor, TLT Solicitors
1991 to 1997, Trainee then Solicitor, Norton Rose
Andrea has written and lectured extensively on public private partnerships, BSF and EU procurement law
Andrea enjoys spending time with her family and pretending to be Jamie Oliver. She aspires to be a great painter but her first love gets in the way rather too often!
Upcoming Events :
Window Dressing: a forensic accountant's guide to alternative facts in financial results
Wed 29 Mar 2017
Minerva House, 5 Montague Close, London SE1 9BB