Core Areas: Commercial and Corporate
Catherine specialises in all aspects of corporate finance, including equity capital markets, public and private takeovers and mergers and restructurings, acting for a diverse client base ranging from owner-managed entrepreneurial businesses and family offices to multi-national companies and institutions.
Catherine has been actively involved in the UK equity capital markets since qualification, with the Alternative Investment Market since its inception in 1995 and, during 2006-7 with the Dubai International Financial Exchange.
Much of Catherine’s experience is cross-border and she is known for her skills in structuring, and managing, complex transactions. Recent work has included advising on, and resolving, corporate governance disputes involving listed companies operating in a variety of jurisdictions and financial services investigation.
Catherine specialises in the pharmaceutical and life sciences and TMT sectors although, in recent years, has also focused on transactions in the mining and oil & gas services sectors.
Catherine was seconded to Charterhouse Tilney’s corporate broking team as a broker in 1995, J. Henry Schroder's UK corporate finance team as a banker in 1998 and practised as a lawyer in Dubai 2006-2007.
Chambers and Partners UK (2015 edition) describe Catherine as being "extremely good at what she does," and "always around at any time of the day or night".
- advising CCL Solutions Group Limited on the acquisition of QCC Information Security, the digital forensics business of Blackthorn Technology Group.
- advising on the UK aspects of JSX-listed Impala Platinum Holdings Ltd’s ZAR 4 billion placing.
- advising on the UK aspects of World Duty Free Group’s demerger from Autogrill.
- advising Bhikhu and Vijay Patel, and the Waymade Group, on their £367 million disposal of Amdipharm to a vehicle backed by Cinven and their subsequent disposal of their interest in Amdipharm Mercury Limited to Concordia Healthcare Inc.
- over the last decade, acquiring a broad portfolio of speciality pharmaceutical assets from global pharmaceutical companies; negotiating the financial arrangements (both syndicated facilities and high yield) behind such acquisitions, negotiating transitional services arrangements and manufacturing agreements and leading the response to an investigation by the MHRA and the EMA’s withdrawal of pharmaceutical from licence.
- advising TSX-listed Lumenpulse Inc on the UK aspects of its IPO and on its acquisition of UK-based LED manufacturer Projection Lighting Limited for Can $30.4 million.
- advising Driven Worldwide International Holdings Limited, a newly incorporated company in which Bhikhu and Vijay Patel hold a majority interest, on the acquisition of the Driven Worldwide Group, a provider of personalised chauffeur services, specialising in financial roadshows, high security projects, corporate transfers and conferences and events.
- advising ENK plc on its £49.8 million take over by DMCI Holdings and D&A Income Limited.
- ENK’s US$40 million disposal of the Caldag Nickel Project in Turkey.
- advising the independent committee of the directors of Castle Holdco 4 Ltd, a holding company of Countrywide plc, on that company’s scheme of arrangement and those for the wider Countrywide group; and
- £390 million flotation of Lamprell plc on AIM, acting for Steven Lamprell and Lamprell plc.
Law Society of England and Wales,
City of London Law Society, member of the Training Committee
2017 to present, Consultant, Winckworth Sherwood
2015 to 2017, Partner, Winckworth Sherwood
2010 to 2015, Partner, Fasken Martineau LLP and Fasken Martineau DuMoulin LLP
English and French
Upcoming Events :
Social Housing Annual Conference 2017
Thu 09 Nov 2017
200 Aldersgate, London, EC1A 4HD