James is an expert in the structure of FCA regulated fund-managers, broker-dealers and their investment entities. He also advises institutional and high net worth promoters and investors in on-shore and off-shore fund structures for property, development and other investments.
This practice is complemented by James’ corporate financial experience in corporate governance, listings and domestic and cross-border M&A transactions.
Together with Winckworth Sherwood’s expert employment advice, we provide one-stop advice for smaller FCA regulated businesses who may not have specialist internal advisers.
James is a well regarded speaker on the establishment of joint ventures and international corporate agreements, having regularly lectured to industry through EuroMoney training courses and regularly advises on all aspects of corporate governance issues both at board level and as a consequence of transactions. With the WS banking team we also act for the issuers of the largest LSE listed bond programmes and private placements in the housing sector in recent times.
Some examples of James’ work include advising:
- Chicago Climate Exchange plc on the establishment of the Climate Exchange PLC, its listing on AIM and investment in the Chicago Climate Exchange and European Climate Exchange
- Imperial Capital, LLC on the establishment of its European office including its European structure, regulatory compliance and employment issues
- M&G Investments on its fund structure for debt investment in profit and non-profit Housing Associations
- Aviva Investors on its fund for investment in UK ground rents and corporate acquisitions
- Advising B3 Living on its £150million LSE listed bond issue
James’ work also includes advising the following clients:
- M&G Investments
- Aviva Investors
- Imperial Capital, LLC
- Global Systematic Investors
- AIS Capital Management
- L&Q Housing
- First Wessex
- B3 Living
Law Society of England & Wales
Quoted Companies Alliance
2010 to present, Partner, Winckworth Sherwood
2008 to 2010, Partner, Wedlake Bell
2001 to 2008, Managing Solicitor, Simmons & Simmons
Upcoming Events :
Admission Arrangements: Developing policies, refusing admission and challenging EHC plans
Thu 15 Jun 2017
Minerva House, 5 Montague Close, London SE1 9BB