Position: Senior Associate
Katy qualified in September 2009 and joined the Property Litigation team at Winckworth Sherwood in March 2014.
Katy advises on the full range of contentious real estate issues, including vacant possession strategies for redevelopment schemes, rights of light, tenant insolvency, unopposed and opposed lease renewals, break options, applications for consent to assign / underlet and breaches of leasehold covenants including repair and reinstatement and rent and service charge obligations. She also advises on trespass and possession actions.
Katy has acted for institutional landlords, developers, commercial tenants and high net worth individuals.
- Dealing with a number of substantial redevelopment strategies, the most recent of which involved more than 60 commercial and residential occupational interests
- Advising a developer on rights of lights issues concerning over 80 properties
- Providing strategic advice to a tenant to ensure the successful exercise of a suite of conditional break options and the avoidance of a £10m rent liability
- Obtaining an injunction and possession order for a university following a high profile national student protest
- Advising an original tenant on liability issues following the current tenant’s insolvency
- Advising a landlord of a shopping centre on tactics in negotiating unopposed lease renewals
Law Society of England and Wales
Property Litigation Association and member of the Training and Education Committee
Cambridge University Land Society
2014 to present, Solicitor, Winckworth Sherwood LLP
2012 to 2014, Solicitor, Pinsent Masons LLP
2007 to 2012, Trainee, then Solicitor, Lawrence Graham LLP
Upcoming Events :
Social Housing Annual Conference 2017
Thu 09 Nov 2017
200 Aldersgate, London, EC1A 4HD