Krissun is a real estate lawyer with particular experience in social housing, urban regeneration schemes and mixed-use developments.
He advises on a range of matters arising in the development process including site assembly and acquisitions, rights to light issues, development agreements, overage and planning matters.
Krissun has developed a reputation for being a hard worker with a knack for ‘getting deals done’. He counts a number of UK’s leading Registered Providers as his key clients who regularly reinstruct him.
- Acted for a g15 Registered Provider in the proposed acquisition of 2 parcels of land near Wembley Stadium for the construction of 3 mixed-use development blocks in a transaction worth approximately £61m. Krissun led the title due diligence.
- Acted for a g15 Registered Provider in the proposed acquisition of 96 affordable units in a 67-storey tower in London’s Canary Wharf which (at the time of writing) is the tallest consented residential tower in Western Europe as well as in the acquisition and development of other land to provide off-site affordable housing relating to this scheme.
- Assisted, as part of a cross-discipline team with Clifford Chance, with property due diligence in L&Q’s complex and highly publicised corporate acquisition of private land business, Gallagher Estates, in a transaction worth approximately £505m. The acquisition secured land for L&Q to develop up to 42,500 homes.
- Acting for Hyde Housing in the acquisition of land for development, including:
- part of a pumping station site in Woolwich for £6.65m which involved fraught negotiations on environmental contamination provisions;
- the site assembly and acquisition of a former commercial/industrial site subject to planning permission in Lewisham for £5.9m; and
- negotiating a Development Agreement and a Section 106 Agreement for the acquisition and development of a former Fire Station in Lewisham in a transaction worth £8m.
- Acted for Southern Housing in the proposed acquisition of a former Gas Works site in New Barnet subject to planning permission in a transaction worth £35m.
- Advised GLL (trading as Better gyms), a leading sport and leisure charitable social enterprise, on the real estate elements of two major sports and leisure projects with Bath & North East Somerset Council and Newcastle City Council.
Law Society of England and Wales, The City of London Law Society
2017 to present, Solicitor, Winckworth Sherwood
2015 to 2017, Solicitor, Devonshires Solicitors
2012 to 2015, Trainee Solicitor then Solicitor, Freshlaw Solicitors
English, French, Hindi, Urdu, Mauritian Creole, Mauritian Bhojpuri and basic Spanish
Krissun enjoys live music, following current affairs, and backpacking holidays
Upcoming Events :
Social Housing Annual Conference 2017
Thu 09 Nov 2017
200 Aldersgate, London, EC1A 4HD