Core Areas: Real Estate
Lindsay is a specialist planning and regeneration lawyer. Lindsay focuses on strategic planning advice, environmental impact assessment, section 106 planning agreements and other statutory planning and highways agreements (including section 278 and section 38 agreements), compulsory purchase orders, judicial review and town and village green proceedings and section 77 and 78 planning appeals including those conducted by written representations, hearings and public inquiry.
Lindsay advises commercial developers, house builders, local government, Government and regulatory bodies and registered providers within the housing, energy, healthcare, sport, transport, education and retail sectors.
- Advising Barratt on numerous sites in East London for the Thames Gateway and Eastern Counties division to secure planning and dealing with S106 negotiations, enforcement proceedings, appropriation issues, CIL strategy and planning, highway matters, etc
- Advising St George on S106 and EIA matters in connection with major mixed use residential led Thameside developments including Fulham Wharf, Battersea Reach in Wandsworth and Chelsea Creek in Hammersmith and Fulham and schemes at RAF Hendon in Barnet
- Advising Bellway on a number of development sites in Havering and Hackney for residential led schemes including a 280 unit scheme at Pembury Circus with Peabody, one of the first major schemes to negotiate the new affordable rent product
- Advising General Motors on release of employment/vehicle storage sites in Green Belt for redevelopment as part of portfolio rationalisation
- Advising LB Wandsworth on the redevelopment of sites in the Vauxhall/Nine Elms Opportunity area including Market Towers (includes a 58 storey residential tower ), Battersea Power Station and Covent Garden Market on issues relating to application of Mayoral and Wandsworth CIL, call-in matters, S106 negotiation, etc
- Advising Berkeley Homes on S106 Agreements for regeneration development at Caspian Wharf, Tower Hamlets and Potters Fields, Southwark
- Advising South West London NHS Mental Health Trust on its major application and subsequent appeal for the redevelopment of Springfield Hospital in LB Wandsworth for 839 residential units and new mental health facilities successfully granted on appeal by the Secretary of State
- Advising BFL Management on the redevelopment of a former coal fired power station in Kent including advice on demolition of cooling towers, application strategy, cross borough development issues, threshold levels for NSIP under the Planning Act 2008
- Advising the Rugby Football Union on a successful planning appeal at inquiry for the redevelopment of its north car park at Twickenham for 115 new homes
- Advising Hertfordshire County Council on the procedure for and making of a joint education and highways CPO for the acquisition of land for a new secondary school in Stevenage including the diversion of public footpaths and the provision of exchange open space land
Law Society of England and Wales
Academician of the Academy of Urbanism
2014 to present, Partner, Winckworth Sherwood
2011 to 2014, Senior Associate, Winckworth Sherwood
2009 to 2011, Senior Associate, Field Fisher Waterhouse LLP
2004 to 2009, Associate, Bevan Brittan LLP
2001 to 2004, Masons
Lindsay has had articles published in Legal Week and also writes articles and alerters for the Planning Team. She has given training sessions on planning and planning policy for Central Law Training (CLT), Henry Stuart seminars and planning consultants including Barton Willmore.
Dartmoor/outdoor pursuits, running, reading.
Upcoming Events :
HR Hour: Keeping it confidential
Tue 17 Oct 2017
Minerva House, 5 Montague Close, London SE1 9BB