Louise has specialised in banking and finance law for over 15 years, initially at Clifford Chance, acting for lenders and since October 2010, as head of the banking practice at Winckworth Sherwood. She has significant experience acting for both borrower and lender clients especially in the housing and projects sectors on all types of funding and security transactions.
Over the last few years Louise has also used her city expertise and understanding of the sector to help clients such as M&G Investments and Metro Bank Plc to evolve and document new funding structures. Louise and the team advise a variety of clients of all sizes, including some of the largest housing associations (11 of the G15), charities, corporate borrowers and funders. They also advise on innovative alternative finance structures, including equity funding and SPV structures as well as joint arrangements with local authorities, developers and third party investors.
- Acting on behalf of Hightown Praetorian & Churches Housing Association in relation to their debut Retail Charity Bond issue
- Acting for L&Q in relation to structuring and funding their PRS portfolio
- Acting for M&G in relation to over £500m of privately placed notes issued by RPs
- Acting for A2 Dominion in relation to the funding of several JV development sites
- Acting for Genesis Housing Association as co-sponsor of a new funding model with LINQ Housing
- Acting for Barratt in relation to the joint venture funding for the acquisition and development of Aldgate Place
- Acting for various schools, charities and leisure providers in relation to funding arrangements
"Louise is very good, very knowledgeable and responsive. She is well-known, respected, sensible and calm"
Law Society of England & Wales
2010 to present, Partner, Winckworth Sherwood
2005 to 2010, Senior Associate, Clifford Chance, London
2002 to 2004, Associate, Clifford Chance, Amsterdam
1998 to 2002, Associate, Clifford Chance, London
1996 to 1998, Trainee Solicitor, Clifford Chance, London
Louise enjoys photography, cooking, and playing the piano.
Upcoming Events :
PRS Forum 2017: 'Living with Build to Rent'
Wed 22 Feb 2017
155 Bishopsgate, London EC2M