Core Areas: Dispute Resolution
Marie-Louise is an experienced commercial litigation/dispute resolution lawyer.
She advises in a broad range of contentious matters, including contract disputes, tort claims (including professional negligence), procurement challenges and judicial review proceedings, company and shareholder disputes and contentious insolvency.
Marie-Louise acts for individuals and companies in connection with privacy and reputation management.
As well as advising clients in the UK, Marie-Louise also provides support and assistance to overseas lawyers and clients in disputes that are subject to English law or jurisdiction.
Marie-Louise has experience in sectors including manufacturing (including automotive and textile); technology (including food/dairy); natural resources (including renewable energy); and in restructuring/insolvency.
Marie-Louise is equally comfortable advising on risk management and dispute avoidance, as obtaining/fighting worldwide freezing injunctions in acrimonious litigation. From pre-action conduct, through alternative dispute resolution processes such as mediation, to trials and appeals, Marie-Louise always delivers.
- Acted for DMK in a privacy action against News Group Newspapers Limited (publishers of The Sun), obtaining an injunction preventing The Sun publishing information identifying DMK as the Defendant in related Chancery Division proceedings – DMK v News Group Newspapers Limited  1646 EWHC (QB)
- Acting in judicial review proceedings in the Administrative Court and Court of Appeal, including in infrastructure projects (Pritchett v Crossrail Ltd  EWHC 3474 (Admin)) and in relation to leisure public procurement
- Acting for a solar developer in a project development dispute, involving obtaining an asset freezing injunction
- Representing a manufacturer (automotive) in in a supply contract dispute
- Representing textile manufacturers in a multi-party High Court/Court of Appeal contract/trade mark infringement dispute. (The Trademark Licensing Company Limited & anor v Leofelis SA & ors  EWHC 485 (Ch) and  EWCA Civ 985)
- Advising a property investment company in a professional negligence claim solicitors
- Representing insolvency practitioners in claims against directors/shareholders to recover unlawful dividends and in relation to prior transactions
- Representing a manufacturer (textile) in a claim under the Commercial Agents (Council Directive) Regulations 1993
- Acting in unfair prejudice petitions (s.994 Companies Act 2006) and in other company/shareholder disputes
- Acting in contested winding up/bankruptcy proceedings, including obtaining injunctive relief and annulment orders
- Acting for various clients in IT/telecoms contract disputes
Marie-Louise is a member of:
- Law Society of England and Wales
- London Solicitors Litigation Association
- Insolvency Lawyers Association
- R3, the Association of Business Recovery Professionals
2013 to present, Partner, Winckworth Sherwood LLP
2011 to 2013, Partner, Druces LLP
2010 to 2011, Senior Associate, Druces LLP
2007 to 2010, Associate, Druces LLP
2003 to 2007, Solicitor, Druces LLP (formerly Druces & Attlee)
2000 to 2003, Solicitor, Berrymans Lace Mawer
1998 to 2000, Solicitor, Argles & Court
1996 to 1998, Trainee Solicitor, Blaser Mills Winter Taylors
Upcoming Events :
Admission Arrangements: Developing policies, refusing admission and challenging EHC plans
Thu 15 Jun 2017
Minerva House, 5 Montague Close, London SE1 9BB