Core Areas: Dispute Resolution
Robert is an experienced commercial litigation/dispute resolution lawyer and advises on a wide range of contentious issues, including contract, company and shareholder disputes, professional negligence claims as well as regulatory matters and corporate investigations.
Robert acts for clients from the UK and overseas and much of his work has a multi-jurisdictional aspect. His practice focuses on the life sciences/pharmaceuticals, manufacturing, media and natural resources sectors and he has particular experience advising on disputes under the UK Pharmaceutical Price Regulation Schemes (PPRS). Robert has advised on a range of insolvency issues and he is also concerned with the protection and management of corporate and individual reputations (particularly through the law of defamation and privacy).
His experience covers the full extent of the litigation process - from risk management and pre-action advice through to trial, proceedings in the appellate courts and enforcement - as well as significant involvement in international arbitration. Robert has also has acted in proceedings in the Information Commissioner’s Office and the First Tier Tribunal (Information Rights).
Robert has been recognized by Chambers UK, Legal 500 and Super Lawyers Magazine for his work in commercial litigation and by Legal 500 for his work in defamation and reputation management.
- Acting for a natural resources company in cUS$200m LCIA arbitration proceedings
- Advising several pharmaceutical companies about matters concerning the UK Pharmaceutical Price Regulation Schemes (PPRS)
- Acting for a defendant in cUS$100m proceedings in the English Commercial Court
- Acting as counsel to the expert in an expert determination
- Acting for a European bank in LCIA arbitration proceedings seeking to recover significant sums due to it
- Advising a services provider in the natural resources sector concerning the termination of a complex joint venture arrangement
- Acting in proceedings in the Information Commissioner’s Office and in the First Tier Tribunal (Information Rights) concerning the Freedom of Information Act
- Acting for the claimants in a professional negligence claim concerning tax advice given
- Advising an FCA–regulated business in connection with an internal investigation concerning the mis-selling of certain financial products
- Acting for a company in connection with ‘preference’ and ‘undervalue transaction’ claims threatened against it by an administrator
- Advising a UK pharmaceutical company concerning defamatory reporting in the media about one of its key products
Law Society of England and Wales
London Solicitors Litigation Association
2016 to present, Partner, Winckworth Sherwood LLP
2006 to 2015, Partner, Head of Litigation & Dispute Resolution, Fasken Martineau LLP
1998 to 2006, Associate, DJ Freeman (then Kendall Freeman LLP)
Upcoming Events :
HR Hour: Keeping it confidential
Tue 17 Oct 2017
Minerva House, 5 Montague Close, London SE1 9BB