Position: Senior Associate
Theresa specialises in the education sector and heads up our School Support Service, our dedicated retainer service for schools and academies. She advises on a range of issues including exclusions and admissions, employment, data protection, freedom of information, company law, governance and contracts.
Her clients include all types of schools including maintained schools, special schools, academies, large and small multi academy trusts and umbrella trusts. She also has expertise in advising schools with a religious character, particularly Roman Catholic schools.
She advises schools on transactional work and recent projects include setting up teaching schools, establishing a new VA school and setting up an educational charity.
Theresa regularly speaks at workshops and seminars and delivers training sessions to governors and school business managers.
- Advising a school on a discrimination claim brought by parents of a disabled pupil
- Advising an academy on the statutory process for removing a director
- Drafting an admissions policy for a Voluntary Aided school
- Acting for a multi academy trust in relation to a dispute with a supplier of photocopying equipment
- Advising a school on a dispute with the Local Authority relating to utility bill payments
- Advising a school on setting up a subsidiary for a teaching school
- Delivering a training session for school governors at a full governing body meeting
Law Society of England and Wales
2011 to date, Solicitor, Winckworth Sherwood
2009 to 2011, Trainee Solicitor, Winckworth Sherwood
2008 to 2009, Paralegal, Curwens Solicitors
2006 to 2007, Legal Assistant, Sainsbury's Store Support Centre
Theresa enjoys cooking and baking, going to the theatre and supports Celtic FC. She has also volunteered as part of our Food for All Scheme and has participated in our reading scheme with a local primary school.
Upcoming Events :
Financing generation rent
Tue 21 Nov 2017
Minerva House, 5 Montague Close, London SE1 9BB